The Senior Accountant- East Africa reports to the Africa Controller. The position performs accounting and reporting activities for the East Africa business, tax returns and compliance and Accounts receivable. The position must maintain an in-depth and up to date knowledge of the local tax regulations, local laws affecting the business, IFRS and the US GAAP. All the activities must comply to local, statutory, and corporate deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Month end closing:
- Works with the external provider to review all entries and upload the trial balance onto SAP.
- Ensures accuracy of Sales and cost of goods sold reporting.
- Supports the monthly close in accordance with US GAAP while ensuring proper maintenance of statutory financials and adhering to closing deadlines.
- Performs Balance Sheet reconciliations, preparation of flux analysis with relevant comments.
- Reconciles Revenue between the local ERP and SAP.
- Reconciles Inventory between physical inventory, local ERP and SAP.
- Financial Reporting and Compliance.
- Ensures compliance with local statutory reporting requirements and obligations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works with the external provider in the preparation of Statutory Accounts Dealing with the Internal (SOX) and External Audits.
- Ensures internal controls are in place, effective and adhered to.
- Works with the external provider to ensure tax compliance for all taxes – filing accuracy and adherence to corporate and statutory deadlines.
- Ensures proper accounting for indirect taxes and customs in partnership with relevant external consultants ensuring compliance in the Bonded Warehouse transactions.
- Monitors Days Sales Outstanding and Account Receivables aging by customer; implement actions required for best collection results and resolutions.
- Supports the EMEA Finance strategy of Operational Excellence and Continuous process Improvement.
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of work experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Qualified accountant – CPA (K) or equivalent professional qualification.
- Registered with the relevant professional body (ICPAK).
- Audit firm experience a plus.
Knowledge and skills:
- Accuracy – Attention to Detail.
- Teamwork – Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in an International environment.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of East Africa Tax regulations.
- SAP experience.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills- Microsoft Excel advanced user a plus.
- Solid organizational skills, task prioritization, ability to meet 100% of deadlines.
- Self-starter and autonomous.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.