We are looking for a senior tax consultant to join our robust VAT team. The position is within the Indirect Tax sub-service line.
- You will be part of an indirect tax team advising our clientele of large corporate multinational companies on VAT matters;
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request.
- Support in the development of new VAT products and in marketing new products.
- Carrying out VAT risk and opportunities reviews, VAT opinions and proposals
- Liaising with the relevant Kenya Revenue Authority on various tax/VAT and policy matters.
- Assisting clients resolve KRA audits/ disputes through preparing objections and appeals to KRA assessments.
- You will be supporting on delivery of designated VAT engagements/projects and managing the implementation of agreed deliverables.
- Generating innovative solutions on projects/engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance/renew service offerings to clients.
- Delivering client service according to relevant standards, policies and ethical principles.
- Collecting, assimilating and analyzing relevant data using standard tools and data visualizations to help surface insights and solutions.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the client and the Kenya Revenue Authority
Desired Candidate Profile
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Economics/Business/Finance or legal field with a minimum of upper second-class honours or its equivalent.
- Professional qualification in accounting (either ACCA, CPA or CA)
- A minimum overall grade of a B+ in KCSE and B+ in both English & Mathematics
- Technical expertise in VAT matters.
- At least four years’ experience in VAT/indirect tax matters
- Knowledge of Customs & Excise matters will be an added advantage.
- Interpersonal skills and proven people management.
- Is self driven, pro-active and focused
- Takes responsibility for performing high quality work;
- Is exceptionally committed to team success; and
- Excellent communication and social skills.
Method of Application
ow to apply;
- Attach cover letter, CV, and relevant testimonials in support of your academic qualifications;
- Clearly mark Senior Consultant – VAT on the subject;
- Send application to; firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 21st July 2021.
Applications without the requisite attachments will be considered invalid.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.