Project Development and Resource mobilisation (20%):
- Develop high quality Concept Notes, Expressions of Interests and Proposals to win new energy assignments in the relevant region (often to very tight deadlines). This will involve:
- Identifying and reviewing opportunities
- Leading and coordinating proposal development activities
Project implementation and quality (60%):
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of long-term and short term energy assignments in the region in close collaboration with PA UK, other PA regional offices, external partner organizations and consultants.
- Be responsible for all aspects of assigned projects including technical inputs, budget and contract management, client relationships’ partner coordination/facilitation, production of reports/knowledge products and team management (with responsibility for other project team members’ inputs; developing TORs, ensuring timely delivery, and quality assurance of subcontractors and Practical Action staff).
- Review reports prepared by project team members and associates before delivery to the client to ensure that they are of a high quality and meet the client’s requirements.
- Ensure that all project management functions are completed in a timely and quality manner, including implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Liaison, Networking and knowledge (10%):
- Represent Practical Action at international meetings and events, particularly those which will support PA’s influencing strategy, raise PA’s profile and generate networks and contacts in the energy and development sector.
- Author and commission articles for publication in international media and journals based on a synthesis of project experience
- Build and maintain relationships with regional associate energy consultants to enable PA to effectively deliver assignments in the region.
Strategic Alignment (10%):
- Provide thought leadership to the energy change ambition of the regional office
- Provide strategic support to the Regional Leadership
- Support the development of the energy team and manage one or more Energy Advisors.
- To be successful in the role, you will be a graduate with a Master’s degree in renewable energy, economics electrical engineering, civil engineering, or other relevant discipline. Working experience of 8 -10 years in the power sector; preferably with focus on transmission planning, data and/or modelling or operations, and power sector policy and regulation is required. Sound knowledge and experience of off-grid energy access technologies, preferably around mini-grids and solar home systems is essential.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit their applications, including an updated CV with a cover letter via email to: email@example.com not later than 8th October 2021 indicating ‘Senior Energy Advisor – PAC’ on the email subject line.