Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Senior Finance Management System Developer at London or Kenya Save the children office location. The role holder will be responsible for developing and maintaining existing & new modules of the Finance Management System (FMS) implemented on Agresso. The primary focus will be on implementing new functionality in the FMS system, as directed by the SCI global strategy. The role will also be responsible for being part of the 2nd & 3rd line support queue, helping support analysts to resolve problem which require source code analysis, or advanced business knowledge. S/he will be responsible to work along with other FMS Developers and assist them in their tasks. The role holder will work closely with country, regional and Centre based finance teams to provide reporting and analytical information to assist in the running of an efficient and effective finance global function. S/he will work with the FMS Product Development Manager, FMS Architects and other FMS Developers in other locations to provide a reliable, scalable and performant Agresso system to all SCI countries and those members that participate in the shared service. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as IT, Finance, Mathematics.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an IT development role
- Proven technical skills in a mainstream programming language, or database system.
- Good T-SQL language skills.
- Strong understanding of the business processes of a financial Management systems preferably an ERP.
- Experience of solving complex business and technical issues through trouble shooting and analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- A desire to work on an enterprise level ERP / finance system based on the Microsoft stack (Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, IIS).
- Experience of CI/CD process for global development team, allowing for frequent code updates with zero downtime.
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers, like AWS, Azure etc.
- Ability to explain complex technical and non-technical information in a succinct and compelling manner to all levels of seniority
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Proven experience in implementing and managing Agresso applications.
- Experience with any of the following Agresso modules: Financials, Project Costing & Billing, Inventory Accounting, Accounts Payable, Planner, Workflow.
- Track record of administering & supporting applications in a complex global organisation.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries.
- Automated build and deployment process with tools like Jenkins and Maven, eliminating 80% of manual work.
- Experience of using GitHub, including branching, merging, and tagging.
- Good hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like Git and Subversion.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Programmable Infrastructure), and how you can achieve that by using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
We can offer circa £ 63,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based at London or Kenya Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.