The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail: –
- Preparing annual budgets and provide technical support to technical departments during the budget making process.
- Assisting other departmental and sectional managers in the management of their budgets through provision of reliable up-to-date financial information.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to management.
- Managing the commitments and expenditures within available budgetary provisions.
- Monitoring expenditure of projects and programmes on a periodic basis.
- Preparing fiscal reports and follow up disbursement of funds from National treasury and other financing agencies; and
- Participating in Resource Mobilization initiatives of the Agency.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have at least: –
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience in a position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce Business Administration, Business Management (Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Minimum KCSE C+ (plus) or its equivalent;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Associate of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA);
- Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than 2 weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Proficiency in IT
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Team player
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
Method of Application
Candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and must attach
the following documents on the application.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations. (DCI)
- Clearance/ Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board. (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority. (KRA)
Shortlisted candidates will also be expected to obtain clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission. (EACC) Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the Detailed qualifications, Job description and the Job Application Form . All duly completed Job Application Forms should be submitted to email@example.com attaching copies of certificates, National ID, relevant documents and testimonials not later than Friday 23rd July, 2021 at 5.00pm.