As a Senior Importation Manager, you will support the import and export needs of KOKO as we continue to scale our operations in Kenya and beyond. This is a senior-level role which requires close coordination with our manufacturing partners in Asia, and building best-in-class importation processes across Africa.
What You Will Do
- Work with KOKO’s suppliers, clearing agents, and transport companies to import KOKO Cookers and network hardware into Kenya in 2021. This entails ensuring the booking of containers, space on ships, and factory to door delivery for EXW shipments.
- Plan and strategize importation and/or re-export into other countries in Africa by 2022.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying and solving sources of delays and bottlenecks.
- Communicate with internal customers on timelines, in a systematic and scalable manner.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Review all paperwork with keen attention, spotting errors before they become larger issues.
- Schedule and track payments, forecast cash needs, and maintain robust financial records and periodic reporting.
- Stay current on all import and export laws and procedures, and maintain records on all tariffs and license requirements.
- Negotiates with all vendors in the supply chain to get the best rates and SLAs, developing key relationships with strategic supply partners.
- As the team grows, manage the efforts of other team members.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years of experience with management of importation into Kenya.
- Great written communications skills, with the ability to apply critical thinking skills and problem solving techniques.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, with experience with basic CRM systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Candidates with accounting or quality assurance experience are preferred.
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!