This position is the innovation expert and is responsible to develop a pipeline of disruptive innovations as well as designing and testing them to strengthen Living Goods UVP in the future and to drive LG´s theory of change.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead efforts to identify and cultivate appropriate partnerships to build relevant pipeline idea initiatives in line with strategic plan and innovation strategy.
- Lead the development and refinement of disruptive innovation design and generate evidence of impact, cost-effectiveness, and scalability.
- Build innovation processes, approaches, and tools that drive user acceptance and a fast learning cycle.
- Develop and infuse a UX culture across the organization.
- Oversee Project management cycle of key selected initiatives: design, cost, prototype, test, and evaluation
- Coordinate with key support functions (Tech, MERL, and Program Delivery in particular) to drive project management efficiency
- Ensure timely execution of key milestone activities including contracts, requirements, and reporting
- Oversee partnership management when relevant
- Recruit and manage the project managers and/or coordinators
- Bring out the best in people and build a culture of high performance and engagement in line with the organization’s values
BD and Advocacy
- Capture lessons learned by initiatives, develop insights and case studies on innovations to inform future programming and influence policies and practice.
- Serve as the innovation technical lead and provide key inputs and thought leadership to facilitate the development of high-quality proposals and partnerships.
- Engage with prospect and technical funders as well as strategic partners in relation to disruptive innovations.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to analyze, comprehend, and articulate the operational goals and strategic plan of the organization to guide decision-making.
- Provides leadership ineffective management and stewardship of programs
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization and make formal presentations.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills and high levels of integrity
- Builds commitment through collaboration, consultation, and consideration of the stakeholders and the teams.
- Strong interest in digital.
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Technology or related field from a recognized university;
- Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Technology or related field;
- Project Management
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.