Job Grade: RL 5
Directorate: CS Office Department:
Reporting to: Principal Officer – Commission Secretarial Services
Reporting to the Principal Officer Commission Secretarial Services, the Senior Officer Commission Secretarial Services is responsible for supporting the Commission Secretarial Services function.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Officer, Commission Secretarial Services will perform the following duties;
- In liaison with the Principal Officer, Commission Secretarial Services prepare and circulate a schedule of weekly Commission meetings;
- To receive and circulate agenda items from the Secretariat;
- Issuing of notices of meetings;
- Oversee the utilization of the Commission boardroom;
- Prepare high quality Commission minutes during meetings;
- Assist in collating and circulating papers and reports for deliberation in Commission meetings;
- Dissemination of action points to respective action officers;
- Maintain minute files of the members of the Commission;
- Maintaining Commission Circulars and records of Commission decisions;
- Follow up of actions on Commission resolutions with the respective action officers;
- Follow up on Commission invitations to meetings by various stakeholders; and
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
Qualifications and Personal Specifications
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Human Resource Management/Social Science in related field from a recognized university.
- Certified Secretary (CS) qualification/CS (K)
- Member in good standing of the ICS
- Relevant work experience of at least Six (6) years three of which must be in Board/Commission Services.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing original copies of the following documents during interviews;
- A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 23rd August, 2021.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates from minority, marginalized groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.