Vacancy: SKILLED PLUMBER
Reporting to Technical Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned maintenance activities and react to Plumbing & Emergency Water Systems breakdowns or faults in a timely, professional & customer focused manner.
- Assist in line patrols on a continuous basis and report any leakages/bursts in a timely manner as well as control water on affected pipelines. Also, report on water reach in areas patrolled.
- Assist in water schedule controls as shall be assigned.
- Repair /replace leaking pipes and exposing pipes.
- Identify, repair (where applicable) and report anomalies in the water distributing system.
- Take up and provide leadership role to a team of plumbers in various tasks/areas as shall be assigned.
- Maintenance and installation of appurtenances such as valves, PRVs, and hydrants, among others.
- Keep maintenance records and request plumbing materials in a timely manner as required to complete works.
- Carry out monthly meter readings and undertake inspections of water connections.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Holder of Craft Certificate in Plumbing from a reputable institution. A Diploma in Water Technology, in addition to Craft Certificate in Plumbing, will be an added advantage
- Must have experience of at least 1-2 years in a busy environment.
- Proficiency in Computer application and Tech savvy skills required.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and reporting skills required
Method of Application
Maji Milele Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge for its recruitment processes. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating job applying for by 31/10/2021.
All applications can be hand delivered to East Uyoma Water Scheme Office Migowa, (formerly Lumumba Health Unit) or sent by email to email@example.com
Interviews shall be on a rolling basis until right candidate is secured.