As a Software Engineering Manager, you will play a critical role in supporting the Company’s software development, database buildout and platform upgrades. You will coordinate with an international technology team to keep the Company’s operations running smoothly with the best software tools possible. You will report to the Head of Software and work closely across the Technology and Customer functions to build the tools we use to serve customers in all locations in which PowerGen operates.
This role requires creative thinking about how established and new technologies can make a significant contribution to PowerGen’s mission of building the energy syst
- Making key architectural and design decisions for our software stack
- Working with the Head of Software to ensure that technical software requirements (refactors, testing, etc) are represented on the roadmap
- Managing our internal team of 5-7 software developers and providing mentorship in regular 1:1 meetings
- Maintaining a strong culture of collaboration on our remote team, including using pair programming sessions and code reviews
Required to be successful in this role:
- At least 1 year of previous software engineering management experience
- Familiarity with and demonstrated use of agile development practices
- SQL database experience
- At least 1 web-server technology (we use golang microservices)
- At least 1 front-end framework (we use React)
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (we use Gitlab CI/CD)
- Unit and integration testing strategies
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams
- Ability to innovate and problem solve
- Enthusiasm for working in the field of renewable energy
If you also have the below, it’s a plus!
- Microservice Architecture
- Data Warehousing
- Data Visualization (we use Google Data Studio)
We are a mission-driven team passionate about solving energy access in Africa!