The Azure Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for leading the Azure Go-To-Market strategy for their Area to deliver customer & partner success, resulting in revenue, growth and share outcomes for their Azure aligned Priorities. The PMM must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the priorities.
Each Azure PMM leads the field business for their solution/motion and has overall responsibilities for enabling each Area teams’ success by:
- Lead the Azure business in alignment with other business owners;
- Empower Customers to Migrate & Innovate apps to the cloud and enable them to build skills and govern their cloud journey;
- Build and land growth plans to win and maximize the local market opportunity, based on the WW Azure priorities;
- Drive business outcomes by executing local Azure Go-To-Market plan to exceed business targets;
- Provide input on integrated marketing plan development by providing business objectives to CMO IMMs;
- Build a comprehensive event plan, including locally required events, for the fiscal year to harmonize with CMO.
The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of their solution area and or motion, specifically at the 200-300 level, and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies and end-to-end market ecosystem. This role represents the relevant Azure solutions, within the subsidiary and is the subject matter expert, and is the market facing spokesperson. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback.
The Azure business is a critical strategic monetization and growth lever for the company. This business consists of growing Azure consumption in both our customer base and acquiring new customers across both Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
- Aligns business priorities and forecasts with resource allocation.
- Prioritizes investments to maximize ROI for a product group or segment, or for a subsidiary/region.
- Implements corrective actions and drives accountability for a product group or segment, or for a subsidiary/region.
- Designs measurement processes used to track the efficacy of marketing programs for multiple products, channels, and geographies; drives adjustment to increase return on investment.
- Responsible for the global SKU plan for multiple products and channels. Influences product definition to deliver key product features and business model.
- Drives changes in the business model or channel strategy, based on competitive responses and market dynamics.
Product and Opportunity Definition:
- Leads creation of market opportunity analysis for a major product or multiple products.
- Leads creation of segmentation and targeting for a major product, multiple products, or channels.
- Influences direction for a family of products.
- Leads creation of value proposition and positioning for a major product or multiple products.
- Creates global or multi-year integrated marketing plans for a business, business line, geography, subsidiary, and/or channel.
- Is sought out as a thought leader in messaging, customer/partner advocacy, promotion, channel implementation, and field readiness to order to define strategy and execution excellence for an integrated marketing plan.
Key Experiences, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 10+ years related experience in driving Cloud Sales and Acquisitions
- Experience in working in a multi country region (regional experience)
- Evangelist and subject matter expert for product (Azure, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS)
- Deep customer focus and understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Track record of strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, MSC/MBA a plus, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science and/or equivalent experience