- This role is responsible for ensuring implementation by department registry management guidelines, policies, procedures and disposal of records in line with legislative framework in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Ensure implementation of the records management guidelines, procedures, standards and policies.
- Conduct records survey and appraisals to identify records that have outlived their usefulness and are deemed fit for disposal
- Conduct disposal of obsolete records in the Authority
- Conduct records management awareness in the Authority.
- Participate in relocation of records to new offices or archives in line with user requests.
- Ensure user departments maintain good housekeeping practice in the records storage areas.
- Ensure identification of vital records for digital preservation.
- Liaise with Kenya National Archives and Documentation Services regional representatives on disposition process of KRA records as per Public Archives Act Cap.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A relevant university degree from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Membership of relevant professional body
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- People management skills
- Results driven and analytical
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Technological ability
- Tax business understanding