The scope of the role includes the Supply Chain Finance operations in East and Southern Africa markets. This role is expected to provide finance support on supply chain processes. The objective is to have a strong supply chain finance performance review, create transparency in supply chain costs and partner supply chain team.
Main Responsibilities: –
Supply chain Costs
- Forecasting supply chain costs
- Annual budgeting of supply chain costs
- Driving value creation agenda
- Performance review and reporting
- Prepare CAPEX business cases
- Tracking capex spend
- Controls on assets such as asset tagging, capitalization and AUC management
- Ensure inventory controls are in place
- Support innovation projects
- Working with Supply Chain teams for Factory and Logistics network optimization projects
Key business partners are:
- Supply Chain lead
- Finance Controller
- Procurement manager
- Planning manager
- Factory Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Project manager
- Logistics manager
Key competencies required:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Display an agile mindset to accommodate a dynamic environment
- Leadership presence and ability to build credibility at all levels within SC, Finance and other functions.
- Collaboration skills with a proven track record of driving change through team and trust building
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- Prior experience working with an FMCG in a similar role.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.