Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning and coordinating Supply Chain Management activities in areas such as procurement, warehousing, distribution, disposal of stores and assets, market survey and research; procurement plans, inventory and stock control;
- Coordinating the collection, collation and analysis of data from the industry players and make appropriate recommendations;
- Managing Supply Chain Management issues emanating from clients and other stakeholders;
- Coordinating stakeholder training on best procurement practices; and
- Monitoring of the implementation of existing Supply Chain Management policies, guidelines and procedures.
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement and Contracts Management or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years’ relevant professional work experience, five (5) of which should have been in a Senior position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector, preferably in the Apparel Industry;
- Be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) and in good standing; and
- Possession of a relevant Master’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
Method of Application
NB: Applicants will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and avail clearances from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 15th July 2021 and addressed to:
Kitui County Textile Centre
(KICOTEC)Board of Directors
P.O Box 72 – 90200
Through the following email address: email@example.com . Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.