The role is responsible for managing a team of electrical maintenance technicians and technician trainees, to ensure that the machines and/or services are in good running condition, to assist the crews carry out the necessary machine settings in order to achieve optimum quality and efficiency, quickly resolve any machine breakdowns to improve the available running time.
Reports to: PRODUCTION ENGINEERING MANAGER
What you will be accountable for
- Ensure machine logs are well captured indicating the electrical downtime
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping (5S) and safety are maintained within SMD/PMD or Services to prevent infestation, improve safety and provide a clean, orderly, and balanced working environment
- Carry out Risk assessments, job safety analysis and quick risk prediction for both BAT Staff and Contractors and overseeing that safety is observed
- In conjunction with maintenance engineer, they will be responsible for electrical maintenance execution in the Cell (Opportunistic & Preventive Modular maintenance)
- Continuous improvement, waste reduction, growing efficiency and Skills
- Provide training and expert support to technicians and trainees to improve their skills and support the teams in carrying out in-depth analysis and support implementation of agreed solutions
- Authorise Work Orders, spares requisition and initiate spares order when needed
- Facilitate generation and implementation of innovative ideas in the section
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Education: Minimum higher national Diploma (preferably in Electronics, Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering)
- 2-5 years working experience in the field
- Experience in a Cigarette factory would represent an advantage
- Knowledge of PLC and Siemens7
- Good Understanding of Knowledge of Secondary/Primary/Services/QA operations
- Interpersonal skills: communication and influencing skills
- Leadership skills are required
We are BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.