Reports To: Services Manager
The main responsibility of the Technician is to perform high quality maintenance and repairs on Scania products. The Technician will perform panel beating, paint work, and accident repairs on Scania trucks and buses. Satisfied customers, on time delivery and safety at work is achieved by following defined processes, standards and guidelines. The Technician contributes to customer satisfaction, Scania’s profitability and safety on our roads.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, following defined and updated standards and guidelines. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Professionally undertake panel beating and other required repairs on Scania trucks and buses.
- Secure that the right information, tools and spare parts are available before maintenance or repair.
- Prepare the vehicle or component required for repair or maintenance.
- Through well-known and described working methods and standards perform maintenance or repair on vehicles or components on time in a correct and safe way.
- Complete visual inspections of the vehicles or components before and after repair or maintenance.
Scania’s six Core Values apply to all positions:
Customer first Respect for the individual Elimination of waste
Determination Team spirit Integrity
Scania’s Leadership Principles, which support our common way of thinking about leadership, also applies to this role:
- Co-ordinate but work independently – take responsibility
- Work with details and understand the context
- Act now – think long term
- Build know-how through continuous learning
- Stimulate commitment through involvement
- Use deviations as a basis for improvements
- Dare to try – manage the risks
To perform the job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Product and service knowledge
- Customer service
- Time management
- Team collaboration
- Results oriented
Desirable Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent panel beating and paint work skills.
- Professional accident repair skills.
- Prior experience in a similar role in the automotive industry is preferred.
- 5 years previous experience.