Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
At Oracle, we are changing the world by leading a digital transformation! We help our 400,000+ customers in more than 145 countries to go beyond developing digital potential to using it to achieve, grow and compete; to think, act and be Business Digital.
We do it by delivering innovative IT technology services that let them do more, know more and spend less!
We integrate every layer of the technology stack to speed time to value, maximize performance and minimise cost!
And, we commit to meeting the needs of our customers and ensuring their success through their journey!
Join our Technology Sales team – and you will be part of the world’s most complete, open and integrated business software and hardware Systems Company leading the digital transformation! See more at www.oracle.com
PUBLIC SECTOR SALES LEADER FOR KENYA – Technology License Sales
- Represents and leads Oracle public sector technology license sales team
- Manages the sales operations of the comprehensive Oracle Technology Solutions license business set
- Supports the sales team to develop sales opportunities, build and maintain customer relationships in public sectors
- Responsible for developing a business strategy and sales plans to address the needs of the public sector customers in Kenya
- Develops and executes appropriate enterprise sales industry value propositions
- Leads & manages a team of senior Sales Executives and is responsible for achievement of revenue targets and drives IT transformation in the commercial sectores space
- Works across multiple Lines of Businesses collaborating with other Applications, Systems sales teams, Alliances & Channels team, Services teams and others
- Works as a member of the Country Leadership Team
Reports to the Country Leader of Kenya
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Achieve the revenue target (annually and quarterly)
- Understanding of Kenyan public sector and Oracle’s value propositions as well as public procurement processes in Kenya
- Develop pipeline and continuously mature & qualify opportunities in order to increase Oracle’s market share and to enable achievement of target
- Ensures integrity and leads by example
- Monitor the progress of key customer transactions in the sales cycle to ensure Oracle’s business processes and procedures are followed
- Ensure use of planning / reporting tools in a quality & timely manner
- Monitor customers’ satisfaction with Oracle, addressing any issues and promoting reference ability & building effective working relationships with key executives
- Manage a sales team, providing direction, leadership and motivation
- Set objectives and review the performance of individuals and take action to ensure targets are met & recruit/induct new team members as required
- Monitor and review individuals plans, forecasts and sales activities and ensure corrective action is taken as necessary
- Act as an ambassador for Oracle with customers’ executives
- Involve Oracle’s executives and specialists from out-of-East Africa, to maximize Oracle’s reach whenever needed
- Identify and exploit marketing activities and campaigns that support achievement of targets
- Engage with relevant Oracle Partners as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- 5-10 years of relevant senior sales team management experience from IT company (preferably software or IT solutions)
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, ability to influence others
- Experience in enterprise IT sales management is mandatory
- Proven successful track record on working with public sector accounts on the Kenyan market
- Strong results orientation
- People management experience is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal skills; building/developing relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to work in a complex organization; leading or being a member of virtual teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- University degree
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Overall responsibility for the regions sales, third party alliances, and customer satisfaction. Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy that maximizes Oracle’s opportunities across all products and product lines.
- Manages and develops a team of sales representatives including recruiting, hiring, and training new reps on the Oracle sales process. Sells and promotes the sales of Oracle products to customers including negotiating price, other concessions and terms and conditions of the sale. Participates in strategic and tactical planning for the division. Builds working relationships with license, consulting and education field managers in the respective territory to develop joint account plans. Develops and execute a territory plan to maximize revenue. Generates and achieves monthly territory forecasts, and accurately predicts revenue on a monthly basis. Manages escalation. Conducts weekly progress meetings with sales team.
- Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas or sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Minimum five or more years sales or sales management experience within technology industry. Ability to hire and train new sales representatives. Ability to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Demonstrated leadership skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to large and small audiences. Ability to negotiate price, other concessions and terms and conditions. Strong quantitative, analytical and conflict resolution abilities.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).