About the job
Help Somo bring marketing materials to life with a compelling visual or a custom illustration that conveys the defining characteristics of their organization.
SOMO is the root of a Swahili word meaning “lesson”. We are called SOMO because we all have lessons to learn from each other. Visionary entrepreneurs exist in informal settlements around the world.
SOMO identifies, trains, funds, and mentors entrepreneurs looking to drive social change by building enterprises in their own low-income urban communities. We invest in social entrepreneurs and provide the training and tools to help them build enterprises that change their communities from within. By investing in the right people, we help break the cycle of poverty and help bring long-term stability to urban slum areas.
Fun Fact About Us
We are based across 3 different cities in Kenya and so get experience working with people from many different backgrounds and cultures!
What You’ll Work On
- A high-resolution digital version of an illustration that can be used across multiple channels (web, print, and/or merchandising)
We need illustrations for our video content on entrepreneurship.
- Graphic Design
- Experience illustrating to meet client’s needs (please provide a portfolio or examples)
- Experience using design software to create digital copies of illustrations
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 10-30 hours over 2-5 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.