Responsible planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Workshop Section, controlling the quality of repairs, annual PMS, implementation of HSEQ standards, and performance appraisal of subordinates
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads a group of at least 13 mechanics and helpers within at the Kalobeyei workshop.
• Supervise the trouble shooting and diagnostics procedure on vehicles and generators.
• Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
• Ensure that warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
• Plan and organise Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) and delegate specific tasks to concerned section/mechanic.
• Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special job or for stocks replenishment.
• Supervise and follow up on actual progress of each individual repair job.
• Establish appropriate set-up and budget to deliver an efficient repair and maintenance service.
• Monitor the sections productivity. Analyse section work performance and propose solutions to improve work productivity on a timely basis.
• Keep all records of vehicles and other assets under the right of use between UNHCR and Partners and ensure administrative function are carried out effectively and efficiently.
• Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and helpers.
• Follow up repair order, registering the time taken to complete each task.
• Responsible for customer service, reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that they require from the Workshop.
• Evaluate the training requirements of his subordinates and discuss/agree training needs with the management. Complete and issue the Pre-Dispatch Note.
• Conduct periodic risk assessment for the workshop.
• Good knowledge about power Generator’s ranging from 5kVA-500kVA necessary.
• Conduct annual performance appraisal of all direct subordinates. Signs and approves employee timesheets. Support and full comply with Organisational and Departmental policies and procedures.
• Establish project reporting and information system to collect workshop relevant and transparent information in time.
• Submit Workshop Monthly Monitoring Report including relevant analysis.
• Contribute to the production of contractual reports for the client.
• Line manage the Panel beater/spray painting technician; Plant and Auto Mechanics/mechanic welder and Plant and Auto Electricians
• Train Mechanics and reinforce their technical and organizational capacities.
• Supervise the completion of the Repair and Maintenance work by Mechanical Sections in accordance with the vehicle diagnosis
• Ensure staff wears protective gear while in the workshop.
• Degree in auto mechanical engineering/Higher National Diploma in auto mechanical engineering with more than 10 years of experience or its equivalent.
• The applicant is to have a minimum of 10 years’ experience leading a multicultural workshop team, preferably operating in Kenya.
• Professional technical qualifications in the vehicle and generator domain.
• Relevant training in administration/asset management and supplies
Skills and competencies
• Well-honed leadership and management skills; with an ability to motivate others.
• Hands on ‘real-world’ mechanical experience and knowledge.
• Highly computer literate. Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (ERP software, email, Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Management, etc)
• Excellent grasp of the English language: verbal and written.
• Sound judgment informed by extensive practical knowledge and experience. Innovative, inventive and analytical, able to pre-empt and resolve problems with ease.
• Agile, responsive and good under pressure.
• Able to handle conflict and resolve differences of opinion. Heightened cultural awareness – able to relate and build relationships.
• INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector- an added advantage.
• Physically robust, able to operate in an austere environment.
• Open minded to change, new ways of thinking and constructive criticism.
• Inclusive by nature, able to build rapport and command respect.
• A team orientated individual who is consistent in nature, with a good sense of humour.
• A solution focused individual who has the ability to get the job done regard
Method of Application
How to apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 13th August, 2021. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.